Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my blog about rock climbing.  I have been outdoor climbing for the past 3 years during my summers. I first got interested in climbing when I was at a camp run by AMC. It was a week long camp with hiking, camping, and 2 days of rockclimbing. I instantly fell in love with climbing after my first climb, which went up a crack, using toe and hand jams.
The following summer I decided to follow my love for the outdoors even more and went to a camp out in colorado run by HMI, I did the high peaks adventure. The camp was mainly focused on backpacking, but there was a day of rock climbing and again I loved the feeling of being up on the rock, you almost feel weightless.
For the past two summers I have been climbing in Acadia national park, and Camden Maine with a guide fron the atlantic climbing school, and it has been the best part of both summers. With ACS I learned my favorite climbing technique, which is a layback. what is yours? I can't think of life without rock climbing, and that is why I chose to do rock climbing for my blog, I hope you enjoy reading.

4 comments:

Lori A. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Rock climbing seems like a fun and dangerous hobby. It seems like something I would enjoy doing and I might give it a try in the future!

Unknown said...

This seems like a rush! You seem to be really interested in this and it's a hobby that you can stick with for a long time, even through your adult life. I would be so scared to climb because of the fear of falling but you seem to have no limits. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to hear more stories about it.

Anonymous said...

What kind of muscle do you need to have?
I really like to watch people rock climb!
Did you know that you have to have a tpe of shoes for like real rock climbing/
I think your blog is cool!
You can check out my blog

http://harrystyles19.blogspot.com/