Monday, November 19, 2012

Help I am out of shape!!

I just went climbing this past weekend and there was this one move that I was having a lot of difficulty with. There was a thin inch wide ledge where my right foot was, and my left foot was high up on an even smaller ledge. I was trying to pull myself up to a standing position on my left foot but, I only had two very small holds to grasp.
One hold was a tiny pinch hold that I could grab with my thumb underneath it and my pointer and middle fingers on top of the hold. Then the other one was a slanted slope in the rock face that I had to apply pressure to, for my fingers to grasp the rock.
 I was having a lot of trouble with this move, partly because I am a bit out of shape, having climbed only once since august. My arms and fingers were getting tired fast. Does anyone have any good ways to strengthen fingers and the upper body for rock climbing?

No comments: